Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
This summer: June 6 - August 1, 2009Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Final Deadline: March 5
Choose a summer of service with the 2009 Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service. Scholarship applications are being accepted for this nonprofit internship and academic program for undergraduate students.
The Institute is ideal for undergraduate student leaders who are engaged in service programs on and off their campuses. All majors and fields of study are welcome.
This face-paced Institute offers a combination of professional experience, academic courses and leadership development activities including:
* Nonprofit Internships - Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
* Classes - Up to 9 credit hours from Georgetown University
* Housing - Furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
* Service - Variety of hands-on community projects
* Guest Lectures - With Washington's top nonprofit executives and scholars
* Leadership Development - Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
* Scholarships - Over half of all students receive full or partial funding
* Networking - With hundreds of other top student and nonprofit leaders from around the world
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until March 5, 2009. For more information or to start an online application, please visit the website, www.dcinternships.org/ipvs.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Emily Hill, IPVS Coordinator, by phone at 1-800-741-6964 or via email at mailto:IPVS@tfas.org%3Cmailto:IPVS@tfas.org.